Ingredients for Muffins
- 1.5 cups organic gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup mashed organic sweet potato
- 2 T shredded organic carrots
- 1 cup cashew milk unsweetened
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 6 T smooth organic almond butter
Ingredients for Whipped Cream
- 1 14-ounce can (414 ml) organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp organic blueberry powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Directions for Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffins tins with organic coconut oil.
- In a high speed blender, combine all your ingredients and blend until a fine batter is formed. If your nut butter is not smooth enough, you may want to melt it slightly beforehand.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Ensure you check by inserting a skewer and once clean, they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, top with whipped cream (below).
Directions for Whipped Cream:
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla, blueberry powder, Lakanto, and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Best if devoured in a couple days! Enjoy!
❤ Colleen Poling, RD