Eating a vegan diet with some supplementation can provide you with all the nutrients that you need! No matter how you choose to eat, animal products or not, it is always important to make sure you are meeting your needs. With any diet, you have to be mindful about what you eat to be healthy! The cool thing about a vegan diet is it offers so much, because every bite you eat gives you diverse benefits including, fiber, antioxidants, protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals!
The following ‘Vegan Super Powered Nutrient Packed Day’ along with the minimal Supplements will provide adequate sources of Calcium, B12, Zinc, Iron, Protein, Magnesium, Vitamin d, Omega 3 fatty acids, Iodine, Selenium , Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin K2, Antioxidants, Phytochemicals, Fiber and MUCH MORE!! The following ‘Day’ will also include some of the most recent superfoods that you HAVE TO TRY!!! Click on the foods, supplements and recipes for more info, and where you can buy them online!
- Macaccino + Brain Octane
- Green Smoothie: Spinach, Bok Choy, Berries, Banana, Moringa, Spirulina, Hemp Seeds, Ground Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Brazil Nut, Baobab Fruit Powder, Camu Camu Powder, Coconut Milk, Avocado, Mushroom Powder Blend
- Vegan DHA/EPA, Multivitamin, Vit D 1,000-5,000IU/per day (recommend getting blood tested for deficiencies), Probiotics, Curcumin
During Long Exercise:
- Large salad with Kale, Chard, Romaine, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Broccoli Sprouts, Asparagus, Dulse, Pumpkin Seeds, Avocado, Green Onions, Sprouted Green Lentils, Spouted Chickpeas, Sprouted Quinoa, Sesame Seeds, Black Garlic, Goji Berries, Roasted Delicata Squash, Miyokos’s Nut Cheese, Ground Turmeric, Black Pepper, and Homemade Dressing made with Hemp Seeds, Nutritional Yeast, Lemon, and Garlic.
***Be sure you are drinking filtered water, and using filtered water to wash your veggies! It is soooo important to drink pure water! Also, if you are eating everything organic, than washing it with water full of BPA, Mercury, Lead, and pharmaceuticals (reduction list) then you are wasting your money and not to mention hurting your body! Brita just won’t cut it! Check out Multipure instead: Water Filtration System
❤ Colleen Poling, RD
If you are looking for a bar that does it all, then I have found it for you! This past weekend I attended the Cleveland Marathon Expo the night before the race to pick up my race packet. At the expo I came across this new company that is based in Youngstown Ohio that makes these Good Green Bars. It was an exciting booth because they were giving away IPads, 100 dollar bills in their raffle, and they were giving samples of their product. No one can pass up free samples, so I tried a bite. I was sold on one bite! Let me explain a little more about why I love this bar so much.
- Flavors: There are 4 different flavors you can choose from Wildberry, Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Peanut Butter . If you are like me and cannot decide, then buy more than one flavor. I bought the Raspberry and the Peanut butter. They are soft when you bite into them with a little crunchies in the middle. The flavor of the Raspberry fantastic, it is sweet and chocolatey, the perfect combination. The Peanut butter flavor tastes just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
- 100% of your daily fruits and vegetables: In just one bar you can get your recommended amount of 9 daily fruits and vegetables. So if you are eating this along with more fruits and veggies for the day, you are getting an antioxidant kick. Your body will thank you. Also if you happen to miss out on eating your fruits and veggies for the day, this bar has you covered.
- Increases Energy: Inside each bar there is a special formula called Good Greens Z52 Superfood Powder. This contains ingredients known to increase energy such as Green Tea, White Tea, Acai Berry, Cha de Burge and Siberian Eleuthero Root Extract.
- Contains 40 Antioxidants: The special Z52 formula contains 40 Antioxidants which were naturally derived from over 52 different superfoods such as Wheat Grass, Spirulina and Goji Beriies. Antioxidants help your body fight cancer.
- May Reduce your Cholesterol: A unique blend of plant sterols is also in the good greens bars, which are clinically proven to reduce your cholesterol.
- Enhances Absorption: This product contains the all natural BioPerine, which is clinically proven to increase the absorption and bioavailabity and of vitamins and trace minerals. Sometimes your body isn’t able to use all the nutrients that you take in. But this bar will help your body make the right decisions to take in as much nutrients as it can.
- Improves Digestion: Probiotics are living microorganisms known to help with many things such as diarrhea, cholesterol, lactose intolerance, immune functions, absorption, irritable bowl syndrome and improves digestion. There are 5 billion probiotics and 3 unique digestive enzymes in this product: Protease-breaks down protein, Lipase-breaks down fats and Amylase-breaks down carbohydrate. All these enzymes are already present in your body, but these added enzymes mat improve your digestive function. Each bar also contains 5 grams of fiber.
- Boosts Immunity: Along with the probiotics there are over 60 natural phytochemical in this bar. Phytochemicals are antioxidants that help fight off the free radicals in your body that are produced by just everyday living. Without help to fight off these free radicals, your body is at danger for things such as cancer and easy infection. Chlorella, green tea and white tea are in this product, and these are proven to fight cellular damage.
- Low Glycemic Index: This bar only has 24 grams of carbs. The carbs are all plant based and help stabilize blood sugar levels and insulin production, this can aid in the suppression of appetite and curb hunger.
- Improves Cognitive Performance: Omega-3 fatty acids that come from Plant Algae are also in this product. These Omega-3s are clinically proven to aid in brain development, memory and concentration.
Here is a comparison of this bar to other popular bars you may know:
The Good Greens website is now up and running! Check it out, and buy some today!
I am excited to buy more!!!!!!