October is here! That means all things PUMPKIN! Check out my new recipes to spice up your breakfast!
Protein Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl (V+ GF)
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup frozen banana pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter (salt-free and unsweetened)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full-fat canned)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a high speed lender or small (4 cup) food processor. Blend, using the spatula to mix, adding water as necessary until you reach the consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Empty into a bowl and top with whatever you like. I suggest chia seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds, pomegranate seeds, raw cacao nibs, and pecans
Paleo Pumpkin Bread (V+GF)
Ingredients: (makes 2 loafs)
- 1.5 flax eggs (1.5 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or agave syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit zero calorie sweetner
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 Tbsp pecans to top or mix in
- Lakanto Chocolate mixed in if desired
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- To flax eggs add pumpkin, mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Next add coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk.
- Add water and whisk again.
- Add oats, almond flour and stir. If it appears too wet, add in another couple Tbsp of oats or almond flour.
- Scoop into loaf pan and top with pecans
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.