I love mac and cheese, and to be honest I really miss it being a vegan! So I decided to try a mac and cheese recipe from theveganzombie.com. (You should really check out this website too, it’s awesome!) I added some spicy dijon mustard to give it an extra kick! After trying this I do not miss regular mac and cheese anymore! This tastes just as good!! I love it!!! This recipe uses Daiya cheese which is a revolutionary non-dairy, non-soy vegan product that shreds, melts, stretches and tastes delicious! Note this isn’t the healthiest meal, so I will only make this once in a while for a treat! Next time I will try adding some mixed vegetables to increase the volume and nutrient content!
Vegan Mac and Cheese
Serves 8, 1 hour
- 1 pound elbow noodles cooked
- 1/4th cup flour
- 1/4th cup canola oil1 1/3 cup so cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cup Daiya cheddar cheese
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp basil garlic spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat canola oil over med hear and stir in flour. Add soymilk and bring to a boil. Add salt, pepper, basil garlic spice, onion powder and cheese.
- Strain pasta and put in deep pot. Pour melted cheese sauce over pasts
- Place in glassware dish and add breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with paprika on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degree F.