These are are such a great replacement for meat because of their meaty like texture!
- a couple slices of sweet onion
- a couple pieces of organic green lettuce
- 2- 6 inch whole wheat pitas
- 1 bottle Annie’s Organic BBQ smoky maple sauce
- 2 large organic portobello mushrooms
Put 1 cup of the sauce into a nonstick skillet and let heat over medium until bubbly.
Clean mushrooms while sauce is heating. Remove stems and ribs inside the mushroom. Cut into 1/2 inch strips
Once the sauce is warm toss the mushrooms in for about 10 minutes on medium. Continue to turn them.
(At this point you can serve these over cooked quinoa with steamed or fresh spinach or continue with my pita recipe)
Cut the pita in half and fill with lettuce, onion and mushrooms.