I tend to reach for something sweet A LOT! So when my sweet-tooth kicks in, the treat has to taste good and hit the spot, or else I keep searching and eating until I find something that does satisfy me. Luckily I have stumbled across these three tasty treats that satisfy me every time. I give them all a big thumbs UP!
1) BarBara’s Bakery: Blueberry FigBars
- I found these at my local health foods store. They are all natural, sweetened with fruit juice and low in fat. One cookie is about 70 calories and 0.5 grams of fat. The thing I like best about these cookies is that they are so moist and chewy. It tastes like a bite size blueberry pie in my mouth! They pair fantastically with a tall glass of fat-free or low fat milk. They also have raspberry flavor, apple cinnamon, whole wheat, traditional and wheat free flavors. I have not tried these yet, but I think I will!
2) Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods: Organic Brownie Bites
- If you are craving something chocolaty you will love these little pre-bagged brownie bites. They are made with all organic ingredients, are low in fat and contain no trans fats or hydrogenated oils (which puts a smile on my face!). These are very moist as well and taste very chocolatey. I am usually satisfied after just one, and that doesn’t happen very often! There are 8 in one box. They are easy to carry since they come pre-bagged, which is nice for packing in lunches or storing in your desk at work for a quick treat! They come in three flavors: mint, walnut and double chocolate chip. My favorite is the mint! You can go to http://www.bbcookies.com for more of their products, which are also wonderful and yummy!
3) Kashi GoLean: Crunchy! Chocolate Almond
- These scrumptious bars are designed to balance your blood sugar. They each contain whole grains, 8 grams of protein and five grams of fiber to keep you full and satisfied during that mid-day slump. One bar is only 170 calories and 5 grams of fat. They are actually quite large bars and they are covered in chocolate! Keep a box in your car to munch on before you hit the gym, or to keep you satisfied before dinner is ready so you don’t snack on chips!