Recently, I have been in the kitchen a lot more, and trying to come up with yummy, simple and healthy recipes! I am having fun with the meal planning process, and cooking healthy meals! Here are 4 of my favorites that I made for myself in 25 minutes max!
- 1) Grilled Salmon Sandwich with Tarragon- Caper Mayo!
(this happens to be my favorite sandwich of all time!)
- 4 ounces Fresh Salmon
- 1 Small Tomato
- 1/8th cup Arugula
- 1/4th of an Avocado
- One Large Bun (whole wheat if you can)
- 1 Tablespoon Tarragon and Capers
- 2 tablespoons Light Mayo
Grill the salmon all the way through until no longer raw in middle. Add pepper on each side while cooking.
Mix mayo, chopped tarragon and capers together. Add to bottom of the bun. Add lettuce, avocado and tomato to the bun. Lastly, add grilled salmon on top and place the top bun on top!
- 2). Seared Tuna with Butternut Squash and Green Beans
- 4-5 ounces Fresh Tuna
- 1/2 cup Frozen pureed Organic Butternut squash
- 1/2 cup Frozen Organic Green Beans
Place both green beans and squash in the microwave. While they are cooking roll tuna in pepper before cooking. Sear tuna on each side for 30 seconds. If you like it cooked all the way sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Plate and enjoy!
- 3) Whole Wheat Fettucini Pesto with Asparagus Tips
- Box of whole wheat Fettucini
- 1 cup Pre-made Pesto (preferably made fresh at the grocery store)
- 1 cup frozen Asparagus Tips
Microwave asparagus tips in the microwave. Boil fettucini for 10 minutes or until done. Drain, and put pasta into a bowl. Mix asparagus, pasta and pesto!
- 4) Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Sweet Potato fries and Green Salad.
- 4 ounces Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/8th cup Tomato
- 1/2 head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/8th cup Arugula
- Sprinkle of Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Tablespoon of Light or yogurt Blue cheese Dressing
- 1 whole wheat 6 inch tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Olive Oil and Vinegar
Dice chicken into bite size pieces. In a non-stick skillet grill until almost done. Add hot sauce and honey. Grill until cooked all the way through. While cooking chicken place fries in the oven. While cooking chicken wash and clean lettuce, put into a separate bowl. When chicken is done assemble the wrap. On the tortilla place blue cheese dressing, then tomatoes, onions, lettuce, arugula, then chicken and a small sprinkle of blue cheese. Place some extra lettuce on the plate for a small salad. Use olive oil and vinegar as dressing. Place small amount of fries on plate! Simple as that!