These 5 quick and easy recipes will take you less than 15 minutes to make. They do not require an oven, because they last thing we want to do in the summer time is turn the oven on! These recipes are refreshing and sure to please.
Gazpacho is a cool, raw vegetable based soup perfect for the summer time.
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved and seeded, but not peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 23 ounces tomato juice (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!
- After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
Agave Lime MelonThis refreshing and delicious recipe will be sure to cool you off.Serves 4-6
- 4 cups mixed melon balls, (cantaloupe, watermelon, or honey dew)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- Halve your melons and seed them, then scoop out bite-sized balls with a melon ball scooper and toss together in a large bowl. (If you don’t have a melon ball scooper, a teaspoon will do — though the result won’t be quite as round.)
- Whisk together the freshly-squeezed lime juice, honey and lime zest, then pour over the melon and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate for one hour for flavors to develop.
This colorful and nutritious salad will energize you through the day.
Beautiful layers of fresh, colorful vegetables stack up to one great salad.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 medium yellow peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
Apple Berry Salsa
This salsa is a fun recipe to share with friends and family
- 2 med granny smith apples
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon apple jelly
- For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples using apple peeler/corer/slicer. Cut apples into squares, chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries using egg slicer. Chop kiwi with food chopper. Place fruit in small batter bow.
- Zest orange using zester/scorer. Juice the orange using a juicer. Add orange zest, juice, brown sugar, and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently.
- Serve with cinnamon pita chips
This sandwich is super-fast to assemble and even more delicious.
- 4 Slices whole wheat bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Spread ½ tablespoon of mustard on each slice of bread
- Spread 1/4th avocado on each slice of bread
- Cut and place ½ tomato on 2 pieces of bread
- Layer 1/4th cup of lettuce on 2 pieces of bread
- Stack 2 pieces of bread together with tomato and lettuce